Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Date Function Help

If you have 05 in column 1 (A) this suggests that it is a text value. So,
you might like to try this:

=DATE(C1*1,A1*1,B1*1)

Then format the cell in the style that you would like to see (custom -
mm/dd/yyyy)

Hope this helps.

Pete

"sweetthing4luc" wrote in message
I am looking how to create a function for the following. I have 3 columns
that represent a date. Column one represents the month, Column two
represents the day, and column three represents a year. For example a
birth
date (1) 05, (2) 15, (3) 1956. In the fourth column that I will create I
would like to place the function so that I can have similar results of
05/15/1956. I have played around, but I cannot get the numbers right, I
am
still getting errors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.