Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CNN CNN is offline

Default Moving a folder containing linked excel files?

I have a series of linked files which I use for calculating the cumulative of
my company's production each month. Thus, September file is linked to August,
August to July and so on. All the files are in one folder. Recently,I had to
move them to a another system to work on them so I copied the folder. But
when I open any of the files, the links are all pointing to the path on the
first system. I tried the updating link command but it did not help. I had to
manually edit each link. I had assumed that since I moved the entire folder
that the links would sort themselves out. What can I do to avoid this
problem?