Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Looking for a better solution

In a cell in each of those sheets (eg Z1), you could put this formula:

=IF(UPPER(B2)="YES",1,0)

Then on your summary sheet you could have:

=SUM('Resize Row':'Number Formatting'!Z1)

This assumes that all those sheet tabs appear next to each other, and
that there are no other sheets within the "sandwich" formed by 'Resize
Row' and 'Number Formatting'. You could just create two blank sheets
and call one of them "first" and the other one "last" and position
them so that they encompass the other sheets (but not the summary
sheet), and then you could have this on your summary sheet:

=SUM(first:last!Z1)

You can drag sheets into or out of the sandwich formed by the sheets
first and last to model different effects.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 3, 10:17*pm, ibvalentine
wrote:
I am counting the number of "Yes" answers on each worksheet of a workbook..
All the yes answers on in cell B2 of each sheet. The only way I could come up
with to accomplish it is as follows:

=COUNTIF('Resize Row'!B2, "=Yes") + COUNTIF('Copy Formatting'!B2, "=Yes") +
COUNTIF('Formatting Cells'!B2, "=Yes") + COUNTIF('Basic Chart'!B2, "=Yes") +
COUNTIF('Modify Chart'!B2, "=Yes") + COUNTIF('Sorting Data'!B2, "=Yes") +
COUNTIF('Filtering Data'!B2, "=Yes") + COUNTIF('Printing Data'!B2, "=Yes") +
COUNTIF('Find and Replace'!B2, "=Yes") + COUNTIF(AutoFill!B2, "=Yes") +
COUNTIF(Comments!B2, "=Yes") + COUNTIF('Number Formatting'!B2, "=Yes")

I am using v. 2003 so I cannot use the new COUNTIFS function. This works but
it is rather time consuming and long (I have to add 35 sheets at the end)..
Does anyone know of a better way without resorting to VBA?

Thanks.