Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default Is it possible to ONLY count values that appear within UNHIDDEN ce

depending on your Excel version, the Subtotal function has arguments that
allow you to SUM/COUNT/AVERAGE, etc on only displayed rows

So

=subtotal(9,a1:a100) will SUM the entire range

=subtotal(109,a1:a100) will SUM only displayed cells in the range

"RABrown" wrote:

I have several rows of data that are HIDDEN and I don't want to count the
data within them. When I use COUNTIF, it counts the values even in the
hidden rows. Is it possible to restrict the COUNTIF function only to
UNHIDDEN cells?