Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Global find and replace in Excel 2007

Are you trying to add 1 to the existing value in that cell--or are you trying to
replace the last two digits of any number with 01?

If it's the first, you can:
Select an empty cell
type 1 into that cell
Edit|copy (or its equivalent in xl2007)

Select the range to adjust
Edit|paste special|values and add
(or its equivalent in xl2007)

And then clean up that cell with the 1 in it.

If it's the second, you could use a formula...

Woodman wrote:

I want to replace the last 2 digits of a series of cells that contain an 8
digit number and other text. The number is 18081800 and I want to make the
last 2 digits 01 instead of 00. When I use wildcards, it replaces the whole
number with the wildcards as well as 01. What am I doing wrong and can you
give me an example of the right wat to do this. Here is what I did:

Find what: 180*00

Replace with: 180*01

It replaces 18081800 with 180*01. Why?

--