Art

Try this:

Sub mAverage()
Dim CellValue As Range
Dim RunningTotal As Double
For Each CellValue In Selection
RunningTotal = RunningTotal + CellValue
Next CellValue
If Selection.Count 0 Then
MsgBox (RunningTotal / Selection.Count)

Art

"Christopher Anderson" wrote:

I am not very familiar with the syntax to write macros. If someone could
give me a step by step on how to do this I would really appreciate it.

I want to be able to highlight any group of cells in a worksheet and run a
macro that will calculate the average of the cell values. I want this
average value to pop up in a small window that I can immediately close and do
again and again. I realize that this will probably require some programming
in VB. It seems relatively simple but I am not familiar enough with VB to
figure it out on my own.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

-CRA