Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] israel.a.juarez@andrew.com is offline

Default Conflicts with autorefresh in pivot table activating sheet pro

I'm confuse too, it's possible that you can show me the complete code, with
your code in my initial code?.

thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Doesn't the code that was posted before do what you want?

I'm confused.

wrote:

ok, then i need to have the data and the pivot in different sheets? i tried
but i could get the result, I'm not to familiar with codes, could you please
tell me how can I do that

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think the finest level that you can refresh is the individual pivottable.

wrote:

thanks Dave but i tried to use it but is not exaclty that I'm looking for or
maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Let me try to explain and be more specific, I have the data and the pivot in
the same sheet, the first code that i had was to auto refresh in the same
sheet but it takes some time to auto refresh, i think the reason to this is
because i'm using ("Sheet2") and take time to read the complete sheet, is
there an option to just auto refresh an specific range of cells that contains
the data? ( for example: data:C5:E150, pivot table: H5:N150).

after that I want to protect the complete sheet except the C5:E150, and when
somebody put some data the pivot auto refresh automatically even with the
protect sheet, please tell me if this is more clear.

thanks and best regards

" wrote:

I have this code and without the sheet protection works good, but when i
activate the sheet protection it shows me an error, the code is as follows:

Private Sub WorkSheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Sheets("Sheet2").PivotTables(1).PivotCache.refresh
End Sub

is there an option to avoid this error?

regards

--