Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Paste Special Function

If you look at Tools|Addins and uncheck all your helpful addins, does it work ok
when you test it?

(Remember to write down the ones you've enabled so you can isolate the problem.)

Dale McInnis wrote:

Gord
I have double checked and I am only running 1 instance of excel and still
only get the unicode dialog box for the paste special option. All I am
attempting to do is copy a cell within the same excel spreadsheet to another
cell. How can I get the old paste special options back?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If you have two instances of Excel running with a workbook in each, you will
get the paste specialunicode, text etc. dialog.

Close one instance of Excel and open both workbooks in one instance.

If copying from a source other than Excel, unicode, text etc. dialog is all
you will get.

No way to change that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:33:01 -0700, Steven D
wrote:

I often have to copy information to a new excel sheet and keep the column
length. When trying to use the Paste Special function I sometimes get a page
with paste as Unicode Text or Text, sometimes I get a few more choices (I
think one of them is picture) and sometimes I get (what I want) where I have
many choices of what/how I want to copy which includes a radio button for
columns (I think it also includes rows, formulas and other useful things).

Why do I get different things and what can I do to get the page with the
many radio buttons?

--

Dave Peterson