Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Paste Special Function

Hi Dale

I have been experiencing the same problems recently, and have not been able
to discover what causes it.
Saving data and re-starting Excel, usually returns me to the proper state.
What later triggers the later change which sometimes happens, I have not yet
figured out.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Dale McInnis" <Dale wrote in message
Gord
I have double checked and I am only running 1 instance of excel and still
only get the unicode dialog box for the paste special option. All I am
attempting to do is copy a cell within the same excel spreadsheet to
another
cell. How can I get the old paste special options back?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If you have two instances of Excel running with a workbook in each, you
will
get the paste specialunicode, text etc. dialog.

Close one instance of Excel and open both workbooks in one instance.

If copying from a source other than Excel, unicode, text etc. dialog is
all
you will get.

No way to change that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:33:01 -0700, Steven D
wrote:

I often have to copy information to a new excel sheet and keep the
column
length. When trying to use the Paste Special function I sometimes get a
page
with paste as Unicode Text or Text, sometimes I get a few more choices
(I
think one of them is picture) and sometimes I get (what I want) where I
have
many choices of what/how I want to copy which includes a radio button
for
columns (I think it also includes rows, formulas and other useful
things).

Why do I get different things and what can I do to get the page with the
many radio buttons?