Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Array formula

Hi,

You could use a PivotTable for this. The advantage is: 1. Very Fast
updates, 2. No Formulas, 3. Easy to understand, 4. Only need to set up once.

If this approach will work please post back.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"art" wrote:

Hello all:

I have the following formula to extract data from a long list. The list has
two columns, the first one with amounts, the second one with items. I use
this Array formula to give me in a list onlt the items that have an amount
next to it. I sense that this array is causing my workbook to work slow.
Please let m know if I can use a different formula, database formula, pivot
tables, sort... that will shorten the calcaulation time.

=IF(ROWS(Sheet1!$1:1)<=COUNTIF(First,"0"),INDEX(F irst,SMALL(IF((ISNUMBER(First)*(First0)),ROW(Firs t)-ROW(Sheet1!A$1)+1),ROWS(Sheet1!$1:1)))&"

"&INDEX(Second,SMALL(IF((ISNUMBER(First)*(First0) ),ROW(First)-ROW(Sheet1!A$1)+1),ROWS(Sheet1!$1:1))),"")

"First" is a name range for the column with the amounts.
"Second" is the second column with the items in it.

Please help.

Thanks.