Steve Jones

Thanks for your speedy reply Pascal, I wanted to this without creating a
macro, sorry should have made that clear in my original question.

Thanks

"papou" wrote in message
Hi steve
Place this code into Thisworkbook and amend accordingly :
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("SheetName").ScrollArea = "a1:f10"
End Sub

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Steve Jones" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Hi

My apologies if this message appears twice - I thought I sent the

message
yesterday but it hasn't appeared in the group.

I have set a scroll area using the control box toolbar/properties on a
worksheet.

When the workbook is open it works fine. If I close the workbook and

re -
open it the scroll area properties show nothing ( I know I have saved

the
file ).

I have tried this several times now with the same result, am I missing
something really obvious?

Thanks

Steve