Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default line chart using letters not numbers

Assign a code, which may be like A=5, B=4, C=3, etc. Plot this numerical
data, then use an artificial axis to place the text labels along the axis at
positions corresponding to their numerical values:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Reeder88" wrote in message
I am trying to graph reading levels for a class, the levels are letters not
numbers. My data would include; student name, level, month, (example:
Lily,
U, September). I understand I need to make a line chart but how do I
change
the values to letters not numbers. Thank you