Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Search for different values

Hi,

The easiest way would be to enter the individual items you want to check for
in a range like G1:G4 and with the thing you want to look at in A1

=SEARCH(G1:G4,A1)
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"dascooper" wrote:

I want to be able to reference a cell that has text separated by comma's, and
place a value in the neighboring cell if one of several values is found:

ie, list of values could be: BA, GO, GOP, IA, LSE, RC, RRO, TO, TOP, TSP

and I would want to identify it if it contains one of the following : GO,
GOP, LSE, TO

I am thinking that using the Search function within a bunch of nested IF
statements might work, but though I would put this out there to see if there
were some more intelligent solutions.