Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Troy2006 Troy2006 is offline

Default Clearing Data

I have absolutely no knowledge on Macros, but maybe I can still get some
help. I'm pretty good with creating general formulas, but I have never tried
to make a macro. I need to some way to enable a button on an Excel 2003 sheet
that once pressed, all the values in the predetermined cell locations are
deleted. For example, a sheet that is used every hour and saved but on the
first hour of the next day, this sheet is saved as a different name. Once
this occurs, then the name of the original sheet has values in cells from the
previous day. I need to have these values deleted so the current day can get
started without having to go through and erase cells one by one and not
messing with the cells that have formulas. I can't simply protect the cells
that have the formulas then do manual deletions, because too tedious and I
have outrageously novice employees using the sheet.