Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default vlookup with Dates

You need to have all the dates in ascending order in column 1. Maybe the
values are text,
they need to be numerical for dates to work

Peo Sjoblom

"Jack" wrote in message
2/1/2008 5 2/15/2008 5 TRUE
3/1/2008 6 #N/A FALSE
4/1/2008 7

This is vlookup im using and the result - see above is 5 & #n/A - how do
get 6

=VLOOKUP($D$16,$A$16:$B$18,2,TRUE)

Table will not always be the first of the month - just my example

"John C" wrote:

I put a FALSE in my VLOOKUP, and with your given data, I get #N/A, I put
TRUE, and I get 6.
More info is needed. Is your talbe always going to be the first of every
month, and you are just matching month/year? Have you verified that all
dates
are actual dates, and not text?
--
** John C **

"Jack" wrote:

I have a column of dates that i what to do a lookup on. The column
looks
like the following:

01/01/08 5
02/01/08 6
03/01/08 7

I what to find the value in column two for the date 2/15/08. If i put
False
in the vlookup formula i get 5 as the answer, if i put True i get 7
as the
answer. How do i get the answer from the row with 2/01/08.