Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AndrewEdmunds AndrewEdmunds is offline

Default Rolling Forward Pivot Table Source Data

Hello and thanks for your reply,

I'll try to explain what I mean as it is complicated. I have the financial
statements for each of the 26 facilities for September. In a separate
workbook, I created a pivot table to consolidate the 26 facilities. For
October, I copy all of the facility files from September into an October
folder and update the files with October's information. If I copy the pivot
table file into the October folder the source data still points to the
September files. How can I get it to point to October without having to go
through and resetup each link?

Thanks,

--
Thank You
Andrew Edmunds

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm guessing you could define a dynamic named range for the Pivot Source.
It's far easier to give a suggestion when you know how the source data is set
up.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"AndrewEdmunds" wrote:

Hello,

I am using a pivot table to consolidate the financial statements of 26
facilities. How do I roll forward the pivot tables to point at the next
month's facility files without having to recreate a new pivot table each
month?

Thanks
--
Thank You