Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default sumproduct or countif

Hi,

A totally different idea - suppose there are titles on row 19, directly
above the data, and suppose the one in O19 is "Letter". In a separate range
enter
Letter

Suppose this is in D1:D3
The you can use the formula

=DSUM(O19:Q79,3,D1:D3)

The D-functions are under employed because they require a criteria range
somewhere else in the spreadsheet. But they do produce simple easy to
understand formulas regardless of how complex the criterial.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"freebee" wrote:

Hi, I need to sum numbers in one column based on 2 critarias from another
column, I have formula as
=SUMPRODUCT(--($O$20:$O$79="a"),--($O$20:$O$79="b"),$Q$20:$Q$79)
but the result showed 0.
Am I correct for using sumproduct or shall I use countif (which I haven't
learned yet)?
Thank you.