Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Array (MATCH function?)

I think we'll probably need to see an example.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bob" wrote in message
The worksheet "Arenas" contains a list of names in colA. The worksheet
"Chart1" contains a list of dates in colA and a list of names in colE.

From the Arenas worksheet, I want to populate cell E4 with a value of 1
for
when a name in Arenas:colA matches a name in Chart1:colE and has a unique
date in Chart1:colA. If there are multple matches for a given date, I
still
want cell E4 to have a value of 1 (instead of the number of times a match
occurs for that date). If no matches exist, E4 should have a value of 0.

Can anyone kindly help? Thank you.

Bob