Debra Dalgleish

You can't create a pivot table from a parameter query.

In Access, create a query without parameters, then add the parameters in
MS Query. Nick Hodge has information on his site:

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...taexamples.htm

ken1975 wrote:
I am trying to link an Access query that prompts for several criteria to an
Excel pivot table. When I refresh the pivot table, I want it to open the
database and run the query to update the data in the pivot table
automatically. When I try to link to the data source, when I get to the end
of the "Query Wizard", it gives me the error of "Not enough parameters.
Expected 4". But it never prompts me for the parameters. Please help. Is
there a setting I need to change or do I link the query differently to avoid
"Microsoft Query" tool?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List