Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Derrick Derrick is offline

Default Hierarchy table

When trying to setup a Hierarchy table to document an organization org chart
- how do I enter the data in excel to show A is over B and C is under B and
A? I also need to find a method to extract this data and have it create a
org chart or export it based on the layout to a .CSV file to be extracted to
a program that will read the data based on the hierarchy I decide to pull.

EX: John Smith has Jane Smith & Carl Smith that are under him. I need to
type the data in excel where the relationship from Jane & Carl will link back
to John Smith . Are there any tools that regardless of when I add a persons
name (point in time) will assign the individual to the appropriate group
based on a letter or number.

1 = John Smith
Therefore when typing in Jane & Carl's name I assign them a status of one
and when I pull the data it creates the tree that links them as direct
reports to John?

I tried outline & grouping - Ewwwwwww (maybe I am doing it wrong)

Let me know - Thanks....