Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default straight text not formula

If you format the cell as text before you type in your formula, then it will
appear as text not as a formula. Note that as you have typed it, it will
not be valid. You've missed out one of the pair of single quotes which
delimit the sheet name. It should be ='Sheet A'!F1.

Another option is to precede the formula with a single quote to show that it
is text:
'='Sheet A'!F1

If you omit the = sign, then again the rest will be stored as text:
'Sheet A'!F1
--
David Biddulph

"Darrell_Sarrasin via OfficeKB.com" <u33691@uwe wrote in message
I have Sheet A, and Sheet B in column F on sheet A I have information. on
sheet B I want the information to be read in column A.

I have used the ='Sheet A!F1

But I want it to show as text not as a formula so that another macro can
read
it if htat makes sense. any help is appreciated.