Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default finding missing data between two worksheets

You mean when you copy down
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,1,False)

you still get
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,1,False)
instead of what you should get
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:A,1,False)?

Do you have $ in your formula like $A1 or $A$1? If yes, then remove the $.

Note that:
If you don't want part of a reference to change, put a $ character
before that part of the reference. Excel won't change it when you copy
it down. E.g.,

=$A$1 change neither row nor column
=A1 change both row and column
=$A1 change row but not column
=A$1 change column but not row

You can select the reference and press F4 repeatedly to cycle through the
choices.

"Mossykel" wrote:

I think I figured out what the problem is... for some reason my excel
program isn't updating the formulas when I copy down. It copies the formula
but also copies the same number as is in the cell above. Same thing is
happening when I update numbers which are linked to a graph. The graph is
not updating to represent the numbers in the cells associated. How do I fix
this?
--
KM

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Did you enter this on Sheet 1?
If all cells in B are same as A then it means that all values in Sheet 1 Col
A are present in Sheet 2 Col A
If that is the case then try the reverse
Enter in B1 of Sheet 2 and copy down
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,1,False)

"Mossykel" wrote:

Didn't work. Entered the exact formula and all I get in column B when
copying down is the first value in A1...
--
KM

"Sheeloo" wrote:

If you have both lists in Col A of Sheet1 and Sheet2 respectively, then in B1
of Sheet1 enter
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:A,1,False) and copy down.

Filter on Col B on #N/A... these will be the missing from Sheet2, Col A

"Mossykel" wrote:

I have a master list of people and their ID number in worksheet 1. I'm
trying to find the missing individuals from what I have in worksheet 2 and
put them in a new worksheet 3. Please tell me the easiest way to do this...

Thank you,
--
KM