Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Alright_Flower[_2_] Alright_Flower[_2_] is offline

Default Links not updating automatically

Thanks Bill. Responses below.
- using 2003
- source workbooks are saved using 2003 also
- yes, I mean a single file with 7 sheets
- cells contain data from the last update
- eg "=+'S:\ACCOUNTS\OPRSTMNT\[Opgroup.XLS]GRP'!A34"

Hope this helps Bill, thanks a million.
Lisa

"Bill Manville" wrote:

Hi Lisa

Please help us with a bit more information:
- which version of Excel are you using?

- might the source workbook have been saved by an earlier version of
Excel? [this often prevents link updates]

- I assume by 7-workbook spreadsheet you mean 7-worksheet workbook (ie
a single file)?

- When you say the information is not updated when you open the
workbook and ask for links to be updated, does a typical cell
containing a link formula show an error value such as #REF! or does it
just contain an out of date value?

- Please can you give an example of a formula which does not update
correctly?

(By the way, I like your screen-name!)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England