Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Imported data Date Format

Your custom filter should not use the date "10/30/08" instead use
DataValue("10/30/08"). the dates on the worksheet are store as numberr and
comparing again a string date won't work. You need to use DataValue to
convert the string to a number.

"BT" wrote:

Hi to all
I have a spreadsheet with data imported from an external source that
contains five date fields. In one of these the dates look OK but the field
has a general format diplayed as a date, and can be used to perform date
arithmetic. However if I try and perform a numeric custom filter the data is
not recognised. I can correct this by performing a Data / Text to Columns and
selecting a date format, but can anybody explain to me how this anomoly can
be?

Thanks.