Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

Default Sumif with more than one criteria

Max........ The formula works great but if the data changes it doesnt update
- is there a way to make it update whithout going into each cell & pressing
shift+Ctrl+enter if the data within the formula range changes? Sorry for
being a pain.

"Max" wrote:

Try copying the formula directly from below, then paste directly into the
formula bar for D1, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula:
=SUM(IF((A2:A10="Town X")*(TEXT(B2:B10,"mmm")="Jan"),C2:C10))

It assumes you have real dates in col B
For better clarity, you could define it using both the month & year,
something like this: TEXT(B2:B10,"mmmyy")="Jan08"

P/s: The double quotes in your post look strange - like the left closing
quotes
--
Max
Singapore
"K" wrote:
OK, pls can someone help before my comp goes out of the window!!! I need to
sum up a value if my cells meet 2 Criteria - I thought I had it using an Aray
but juet got the Value error message. Anyways I have 3 col's as below

Town month & Days - I need a formula to add up the days when the town &
Month Match I thought =SUM((A2:A10=€¯Town X€¯)*(B2:B10=€¯Jan€¯)*C2:C10) would
work giving me the total of Col c when Col A was Town X & B was the month of
Jan