Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Table lookup

have a table with tariffs price and GP

Do a Data - Validation using the tariffs as your drop-down

in your cell to the right =VLOOKUP(Tariff cell,Table range,2,0)

and the same further right except =VLOOKUP(Tariff cell,Table range,3,0)

Can make it nicer if you include an IF

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(Tariff cell,Table range,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(Tariff cell,Table
range,2,0))

to show a null vlaue if the VLOOKUP is blank.

"Richard" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to do a simply lookup table, but its been years since i have
done it and can't remember.
i want the excel to give me a dropdown of tariffs and it fills in the
customer price adn company GP? it sounds simple but i can not get it working.

Thanks in advance