Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Text to Columns

You're welcome, and appreciate your very enthusiastic feed-back.<g

RD

"SarahJ" wrote in message
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was Char(160) and the Alt 0160 Worked
perfectly!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"RagDyeR" wrote:

It's probably Char(160), a non-breaking space which is used very often

in
web sites.

Try TTC again, but click on "other" for delimiters,
THEN, in the window, hold down <Alt,
and key in
0160
using the numbers from the num keypad, *not* the numbers under the

function
keys.

Of course, the box will appear empty, since it *is* a <space.

The "Data Preview" window should display the separation ... if my guess

was
correct.

--

HTH,

RD

"SarahJ" wrote in message
I have First and last names that were downloaded from a website. The

names
appear to be separated by a space, but low and behold when I tried to

use
text to columns to separate them it did not work. I had to go and

change
what ever is separating the name to a space on one of the records to get

it
to work. Any ideas on how to accomplish this and what might possibly be
separating the names.