Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SmartBlond SmartBlond is offline

Default change a formula based on another cell value

My fault, I made it sound less complex.
I have 8 quarters of info and will be using sumif in the formulas as well.
So I was trying to put the formula in once for each (so 24 total) and not
have all of the possible calcs for each row. May not be possible as the
dynamic nature of moving to a new row would prevent it from using the right
rows of data.
Thank you however. Appreciate the response!

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Well, if it's only 3, may just be easier to put into one IF.

But, you can put =A1+B1+C1 into, say, A3
Then =A1+C1+F1 into B3

Then your 3rd formula in C3.

So:

=IF(Cell="Store",A3,if(Cell="HQ",B3,C3))

just creates a reference to the formulas.

"SmartBlond" wrote:

I am trying to use a different formula based on the value of cell.
So if the the cell value is "Store" use A1+B1+C1
If the cell value is "HQ" use A1+C1+F1
I know I can make a nice long IF formula (I actually need 3 different ones),
but can I put a formulas in other cells and refer to a different one in based
on the cell values?
Or any other creative idea is welcomed.