Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
hogon hogon is offline

Default Dates II

Using Excel 2002. The data in my spreadsheet is categorized by year (YYYY),
but the years that I'm using are not sequential. I would like to create a
line graph with marker points at years 1990, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, and
2007. I'd also like there to be a lot of white space between the 1990 and
2000 labels, a little less between 2000-2004, and even less than that between
the single years. I can get the markers on the line chart to appear at the
proper intervals, but I can't get the associated labels--and only those
labels--to appear. When I select time-scale, it forces all the inclusive
years to appear as labels, and I don't want that. Thank you for any advice
you can share. Loretta