Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

Default Auto filling a table of numbers

By my understanding, you are looking for the non-zero numbers of the two
previous rows to fill in the third row. If I have misunderstood, this
formula won't be very useful to you.

If this data is arranged in A1:H2, highlight 7 (or however many, with the
understanding that it will return an error if it runs out of numbers to
display) cells in row 3 and using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER apply the array formula:

=SMALL($A$1:$H$2,COUNTIF($A$1:$H$2,0)+{1,2,3,4,5,6 ,7,8,9})

This will display up to 9 numbers. You can add additional numbers if you
like by continuing that series.

Did that help?

"Rod" wrote:

I have a table as follows and each of the numbers are contained in individual
cells:

1 0 3 0 0 6 0 8
9 0 0 0 13 0 15

I now want to fill another table automatically with the final outcome:

1 3 6 8 9 13 15 again each number in individual cells.

How would I go about achieving this outcome?

Thanks
Rod