DavidM

Default Charting Data from Excel

Hello, all! I'm new to this group and trying to figure out a way to query
data from SQL Server 2000 into Excel to graph.

Basically, I have one row of data that is collected on a weekly basis that
reports the size of a various file that we send to customers. I would like
to have Excel read the database from whatever date range that I specify, and
have it graph the size of the file for both weekly, monthly, and yearly
sizes.

Can Excel query database directly?

Does anyone have any sample charts or tutorials online that I can see how to
do this?

I suppose I could export my SQL data to a .CSV file and load that into
Excel, but I'd rather not have to perform this step, if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!