Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Novice Novice is offline

Default chart series

Thanks. F2 works. Without it...

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"Novice" wrote in message
When creating a new chart and 'selecting data' the 'chart data range'
window
opens. As I type a long formula; I can't backspace to edit something that
is
beyond what appears in the window. (selecting data with the mouse works
fine
except when selecting more than one column) The formula does not appear in
the fx box like it does when you click on a data point in the chart.

If you're still confused....disregard :)

I still don't understand the issue. It's not easy to work in the box, but
you can get around. Press F2, then use the arrow keys. To select multiple
ranges, select the first range, then hold Ctrl while selecting additional
ranges.

A different question:

After I copy a number of charts to a different workbook can I edit the
charts formulas without changing each chart manually? Change the
worksheet
the formula refers to? Cell references will be the same.

Chart 1
=SERIES("xyz",'2007 xyz'!$A$2:$A$50,'2007 xyz'!$B$2:$B$50,1)

Chart 2
=SERIES("xyz",'2008 xyz'!$A$2:$A$50,'2008 xyz'!$B$2:$B$50,1)

Ask new questions in a new thread.

I have an add-in that can be used for this (in most cases, it's not
perfect).

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

- Jon
-------