Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bduncan bduncan is offline

Default vlookup

Thanks for the response. I tried that first and got n/a#. Even made sure to
format columns as text.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Since you're matching on text, I bet you want an exact match.

Try:

=vlookup(h3, costs,2,False)

That 4th parm (false) specifies that you want an exact match.

bduncan wrote:

Why is my vlookup formula returning the number in the row above what it
should be? My sheet looks like this;
H K
39265 CLAMP, RAIL SPLICE =vlookup(h3, costs,2).

sheet 2
C D
39265 CAM LINKS 2 POSTION FOR FR150 $150
39265 CAM LINKS PREFORM INSERT HOLDE $700
39265 CLAMP, RAIL SPLICE, 3" $32.24

My formula keeps returning $700 instead of the $32.24. If I delete the $700
it returns $150. I've had the issue before where my cell range is wrong but
this time I haven't been able to figure it out.

--

Dave Peterson