Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bduncan bduncan is offline

Default vlookup

Thanks for the quick respone. I saw that in the help file, but what threw me
off was why wouldn't it find $150 first since it comes before $700.

Unfortunately our accounting software didn't export the names the same on
both sheets. I actually had to seperate columns with formulas and then
combine 2 columns to find something close in relation on both sheets.
This is the first time I've tried using true instead of false in my formula.

"TomPl" wrote:

Unless the match is exact your formula will return the the first lookup that
is smaller.
=vlookup(h3,costs,2,false) will return only exact matches.

if you delete , 3" from the end of your lookup value it will give you the
correct answer.

You might consider reviewing the help file for vlookup.