Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CC CC is offline

Default AutoSum

I found a lesson on-line and and I realize that the sum is given in the
status bar at the bottom. Then I guess you just type your total in the
desired cell.
Thank you all for your help.
--
CC

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Let's suppose this is what you want, with data laid out like this

10
12
14
----
36 a SUM function here

11
34
1
----
46 another SUM function here

====
Grand total here

and you want a formula to sum the sums? Suppose the first number above
starts in A1 and the Grand total cell is A14.
Highlight A1:A14 and click the AutoSum button.

This trick works for as many 30 groups (subtotals) in 2003 and 255 in 2007.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"CC" wrote:

Well, I just realized what I was asking didn't really make sense. In other
words, I probably would never want to do that. Can you tell me how to select
and add two different totals together? I'm able to select them by using the
control key, but I can't figure out how to add them together without having
to build a formula. Thank you so much.
--
CC

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Give us an example of what range you first used AutoSum on then show us what
you want to add to the range.

i.e. where do you add the "more cells with numbers"

Are you inserting these above the autosum formula?

In that case the new numbers should be included.

One more thing............is calculation mode set to automatic?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:45:01 -0700, CC wrote:

I know this should be easy, but....
If I autosum several cells...and then want to add more cells with numbers
and get a new autosum of all cells - how do I do this? When trying, it's not
adding them all up - it is just coping the total of the last cell. Can you
help?