Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Replace Font within Cell

hi
to accomplish this....
in the formula bar, highlight the word you wish to reformat.
with the word highlighted, right click the formula bar, select format cells.
you will notice that only part of the normal format dialog is available,
only that which pertains to text. apply whatever format you wish.
you now have multiply formats in 1 cell.
this applys to text only. you can not have multiple formats for numbers.

regards
FSt1

"Stephanie M" wrote:

Reapply the formatting - not sure I follow. Can I change only one word in the
cell without them all changing?

"Wigi" wrote:

That's true.

You will need to reapply the formatting after the replace.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Stephanie M" wrote:

Is it possible to replace only specific characters/text within a cell? For
example I have several cells that need to have one word in italtics, but when
I use find and replace, all words in the cell are changed to italics.