Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can't get the popup calendar to work when I protect the workbo

Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="X"
With ActiveCell
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
.Value = Calendar1.Value
End With
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="X"
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.Calendar1.Value = Date
End Sub

Patty wrote:

The password for my workbook is 'X'. I inserted the code you gave me, but
probably not in the right place because it still doesn't work.

Can you arrange properly for me so I can just copy and paste?

Here is what I have now:
Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="X"
With ActiveCell
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
.Value = Calendar1.Value
End With
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="X"
ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.Calendar1.Value = Date
Patty

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Add a line to unprotect the sheet, do the work, and then add a line to reprotect
the sheet.

activesheet.unprotect password:="TopSecret"
with activecell
.numberformat = "mm/dd/yy"
.value = calendar1.value
end with
activesheet.protect password:="TopSecret"

Patty wrote:

Yes. The worksheet is protected with this cell unlocked. How do I prevent
the run-time error?
--
Patty

"Patty" wrote:

I have the following code in my workbook to bring up a calendar.
Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.Calendar1.Value = Date
End Sub

When I choose a date on the calendar, I get the following message:
Run-time error '1004'
Unable to set the NumberFormat property of the range class

If I choose End, the date appears in the cell.

I want to publish this form on our website and don't want this message to
appear. It only happens when I protect the worksheet. The date cell is
unlocked.

How do I fix?
--
Patty