Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to project when inventory will zero out on an item.

Lets assume that we will not be adding to the inventory.

We can come up with a reasonably accurate way of modelling the inventory
reduction as follows:

Put the current inventory in A1 (say 1234 units)
Put the current week number in A2 (say week #42)

In A3 the formula:

=A1/(53-A2) this displays slight larger than 112

This means that if we sell off inventory at the rate of about 112 units per
week, we can achieve the goal.

The beauty of this approach is that we can update it as time goes on.

If we see the required inventory depletion increasing week-by-week, we know
that the goal is in danger.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810

"Mike" wrote:

I have inventory going back 6 weeks. The item is going away at the end of
the year. I would like to project how I can bring this item to zero by the
end of the year by using the current inventory levels. Do I need projected
orders, POS? Any help would be appreciated

My version is Office 2003