Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alfredo Martinez Alfredo Martinez is offline

Default VLOOKUP error

Dave: Thanks for your response, you were right. It had nothing to do with
the change. For some reason, what it used to be cell A1 is now A3 and that
cell contained a text value
--
Alfredo Martinez

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

First, I don't think it's the switch to xl2007 that's causing your trouble. I'd
bet that there's something in the cells that doesn't belong.

I'd use some helper cells to find the problem.

I'd put:
=c8+d8+e8
to make sure that each of those cells is a number

And
=ak8
to make sure it returns the column number you expected

=vlookup(aj8,'monthly sales'!$a$1:cn$6000,ak8)
to make sure you get what you expected.

Alfredo Martinez wrote:

Hello guys:

This formula

=IF(C8+D8+E8=0,"",ROUND(VLOOKUP(AJ8,'Monthly Sales'!A$1:CN$6000,AK8),2))

used to work with all the previous versions. I switched to Excel 2007 and
now I am getting the #VALUE! result.

Can you help?

Many thanks in advance

--