Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default How to create filter using criteria from other cells.

Use Advanced Filter
For details look for "Filter by using advanced criteria " in Excel Help

"JLewis" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with golf tournament data. I have an analysis sheet
showing the counts of various scores on each hole. (10 Birdies, 5 Aces, etc).
Now I want to use criteria fields (cells) to filter the data based on another
column. For instance, I want to see the data analysis on players with a
rating between 950 and 1000. I must have cells for the user to input the
criteria he/she wants and not actually filter the data, since more than one
analysis can be made at the same time. (multiple analysis) I already have a
formula for counting the various scores. I have used COUNTIF for the
analysis. I tried using COUNTIFS, but the criteria seems to be only on the
column of data that is to be counted. I need to filter using another column
as well.