Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can't get the popup calendar to work when I protect the workbook

Is your worksheet protected (with that cell unlocked).

The "unlockedness" of the cell means that you can change the value, but you may
not be able to change the formatting (including the .numberformat).

Patty wrote:

I have the following code in my workbook to bring up a calendar.
Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.Calendar1.Value = Date
End Sub

When I choose a date on the calendar, I get the following message:
Run-time error '1004'
Unable to set the NumberFormat property of the range class

If I choose End, the date appears in the cell.

I want to publish this form on our website and don't want this message to
appear. It only happens when I protect the worksheet. The date cell is
unlocked.

How do I fix?
--
Patty