JulieD

Hi huntr357

IF statements can not change the formatting of the cell.

How do you know, other than by the desired formatting, if there this is a
problem job? ... is there anything that can be used to distinguish which
ones are and aren't problem jobs (maybe a "note" in column D or something?),
if so, i'm betting we can come up with a way to make conditional formatting
work for this situation.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"huntr357" wrote in message

I have a form that we use at work... I have some problem barges that
come in time to time that we have to make changes to the job orders on.
I put all the barges on this excel sheet. What I need is maybe an if
statement or conditional foremat that will either shade the cell in or
something. Just some way of letting me know that it is one of the
problem jobs. The thing is I have used conditional formatting but you
can only do three, I have at least 10 or so barges. I really don't know
how to use the "IF" statement. Can anyone help me with this?

--
huntr357
huntr357's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=630