Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW[_2_] MartinW[_2_] is offline

Default how can i set up rand or rand between to give only -1 or 1?

Hi Vijay,

I just did a Google Groups search for the subject line...
how can I set up rand or rand between to give only -1 or 1?

Which returned nothing so I cut it back to...
how can I set up rand or rand between

And there it was...

You can find Google Groups by going to the Google
homepage and clicking on the more dropdown at
the top of the page.

Cheers
Martin

"Vijay Chary" wrote in message
Hi Martin !! :)
Yeah, I made a mistake in the formula. It should
be

==(-1)^(INT(2*RAND())+1)

How do you find out how old any post is !?

Vijay

"MartinW" wrote:

Couple of observations,

1 Your formula doesn't seem to work, =RAND(2) isn't correct syntax

2 Did you realise you replied to a 2 year old post?
http://groups.google.com.au/group/mi...af7728a9ad196d

Cheers
Martin

"Vijay Chary" wrote in message
Answer:
=(-1)^Int(Rand(2)+1)

"Uesiet" wrote:

i need a function to generate either 1 or -1 using randbetween in
Exce;