Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blissfully Ignorant Blissfully Ignorant is offline

Default Sorting Issues

What do I do to make the new column?

"Joel" wrote:

It looks like sorting sheet 2 gets you most of the information. It is not
clear if you need sheet 2 formated so the data is more visible.

The only thing you don't have are the items in sheet one that don't appear
in sheet 2. Maybe the simpliest way is to add to sheet 1 a column that
contains if the item appear or doesn't appear in sheet 2.

"Blissfully Ignorant" wrote:

I have 2 excel lists, one exported from a database, the other I created.

The first sheet is of Equipment Records with the following columns:
Itemname(Column A), Itemdescription(Column B).

The second sheet is a list of parts for the various equipment records:
Partname(Column A), Partdescription(Column B), Itemname it belongs to(Column
C).

How do I make a sheet 3 that shows all Items from sheet 1 with any parts
from sheet 2 that they might have sorted under them?

Output Example:
Item001 Chainsaw
Part015 Bar
Part023 Chain