Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AKphidelt AKphidelt is offline

Default Alternative to Concatenate

As far as I've seen and done that is the best way to do it in excel. If you
ever have a chance, access would make that process incredibly simple. Another
way is to use pivot tables, which then you can slice it and dice it any way
you want.

"DaveKid" wrote:

Hi, I have a spreadsheet giving sales figures such as Year to Date revenue,
total number of sales, targets, pipelines etc. To provide me with the data I
want I seem to be concatenating alot of the data i.e. name, week number or
concatenate: name, week number, type of sale and so on and so on and I end
up with a huge sheet full of concatenated data from maybe 4 columns of
original data. I then write the formula in the front sheet to gather the data
from the concatenated columns to give the figures

Is there any way I can avoid this duplication of data? Can i not just ask
excel to look in these 3 cells and return the result instead of having to
concatenate another column?