Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lambourne Paul Lambourne is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - Increases/Decreases

Dear All,

I am creating a set of price lists and want to use conditional formatting to
show if the cost of a product has increased or decreased in price. I have
managed to get the formula to work and have managed to get the icons to
display the correct way but one thing that is frustrating me is the icons
colouring.

I want to highlight the changes and show a downward arrow, a decrease in
price as a green arrow (good), and I want to show and increase in price as a
red upward arrow (bad). The only icons in excel are the opposite way round,
red down, green up. Is there any way of changing this icons? edit there
colours? Is there a way of using my own icons?

Thanks,
Paul