Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Gary is offline

Default Conditional nested formatting for cell color changes

I don't completely understand the rules when combining "AND" and "OR"
together in various ways to test various conditions to turn a cell red or
green depending upon the results of the "AND(OR" or "OR(AND" or multiple
nested AND(OR tests. I think I must have my ( ) in the wrong places. How do I
tell Excel which tests I want in the first nested "AND(OR" statement, and
separate the first test from the 2nd "AND(OR", etc. Does it require (( ...)),
ie double parenthesis is certain places to group each test separately? Where
can I go to find some reading material on this?