Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Enter data into a cell that already has a function.

Hi,

Entering a value into B4 will overwrite the formula so no is the answer.

However suppose your formula in b4 is something like this

=IF(A4="Dodge",1,0)

you could select B4 in the formula bar and with the ampersand add something
to the end of the formula

=IF(A4="Dodge",1,0) & "Someething else I want "

Mike

"alwayslearning" wrote:

Cell B4's value is predicated on the value of cell A4. If cell A4 has a
particular value, I need to be able to type data into cell B4.

A4 = "Dodge" then B4="1"
A4="Ford" then B4="2"
A4="Chevy" then B4="3"
but is A4="Pickup" then B4= data to be typed in

Is there a way to keep the function and still be able to type data into cell
B4?