Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sheeloo[_3_] Sheeloo[_3_] is offline

Default Delete rows with specific text

Thanks Shane,

I had forgotten about this 'trick'...

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

In 2002 or 2003
1. Highlight the column of data containing the word "press"
2. Press Ctrl+F
3. Enter Press in the Find what box
4. Click Options if necessary and make sure that Match entire cell contents
is unchecked
5. Click Find All, the first found item is highlighted in the window,
6. scroll down until you can see the last item
7. Hold down the Shift key and click the last item - all the items are
selected.
8. Click Close.
9. Press Ctrl+- (Ctrl and Minus keys), choose Entire row.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"David" wrote:

Hi all,
I have figured out how to use the replace feature to replace certain
words or lines with others. My question is: Can this or any other feature be
used to delete entire rows? For example, I have several rows to be deleted
spread out over a worksheet that is hundreds of pages long. All of these
rows begin with the word "press". Any suggestions? Thank you very much.
--
Thanks,
David