Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup or index match???

If H4 is a real date, rather than text, then H3 can be =H4, formatted as
dddd (which would mean H3 also contains the date), or =TEXT(H4,"dddd") if
you want H3 to be text.
--
David Biddulph

"kathy" wrote in message
..thanks so much this does work.. I just need one more piece of advice..
for
the date I had to split off the day of the week from the actual date.. eg.
H3
has monday h4 has Oct 6.. is there any way that when I put Oct 6 in H4
monday
can populate in H3?

"kathy" wrote:

Hi.. need help to figure out how to:

two worksheets in same book.. one sheet has list for drop down menu the
other has an invoice.. on the invoice I need cell I 13 which is to be a
route
# to reference E 11 (which has name chosen from a drop down list) and
then
match the day of the week from the date cell H3.. and return the route
number from either an exact match from list on other sheet or allow me to
choose from a second drop down list eliminating the need to match the
date in
above scenario.. hope this makes sense and someone can help.. am new to
this
stuff